|August 24, 2023||$95|
Erie Canal Experience
New! – Step back in time at the Canal Experience and get a taste of life on the Miami and Erie Canal in 1876. Today you will enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the canal as well as a tour of the Isaac Ludwig Mill.
Click here to view flyer & registration form
Providence Metropark is located in what was once the canal town of Providence, Ohio.
Today, the Metropark has one of the greatest concentrations of canal era features in the country, including:
- The Volunteer, a reproduction of a mule-drawn canal boat
- The Isaac Ludwig Mill, a working water-powered saw and gristmill
- More than a mile of the original Miami and Erie Canal and towpath
- Lock #44, one of the last functioning 19th century limestone locks
- Scenic Providence Dam, constructed across the Maumee River to maintain water levels in the canal
- Characters in period attire welcoming visitors to a time gone by
- Woodhaven Meijer – 22600 Allen Rd.
- Allen Park Civic Center – 15800 White Ave.