If any changes are made to your trip, Custom Holidays will contact you directly. Due to the current high call volume, we ask that you wait for us to contact you with updates about your tour. For the health and safety of our clients and staff, Custom Holidays will not be accepting visitors at our office at this time. Thank you for understanding.
To our Valued Guests:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we want to communicate to you that all our Custom Holidays Family and Staff are being extremely diligent in monitoring everything associated with this virus. As has always been the case with us at Custom Holidays, the health and well-being of all our fellow travelers is of primary concern to us.
Many of you have trips booked with us for this year and have concerns for your well-being. We ask you to be patient and assure you that we have everyone’s best interest at heart. We will let you know if there is any reason at all for your trip to be canceled or postponed to a later date. Be confident that if your trip is affected by the travel advisories as suggested by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local and national public health authorities, we will let you know immediately. At this time we cannot make a blanket statement for all trips, and must take this case-by-case.
Please note that one day trips and multi day trips will be affected differently.
Day Trips: According to travel industry-wide suggestions, our temporary cancellation policies will be as follows. If the venue cancels or postpones, Custom Holidays will notify you with information about refunds or rescheduled tour dates for each trip specifically. Guests who are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, or who are not feeling well, are encouraged to stay home. If you need to cancel your tour due to health concerns, we are offering up to 50% refund in the form of a credit to be used within 18 months of your tour date. This applies to day trips though April 30, 2020. Any cancellations for tours May 1 and beyond, please see your flyer for cancellation policies.
Multi-Day Trips: Most all of our multi-day tours are currently scheduled to operate. Should there be any changes to the status of a tour, we will contact the travelers immediately once the decision has been made. Please keep in mind that each trip will be affected differently depending on mode of transportation, as well as policies put in place by hotels, venues, etc. We ask that you please be patient with us, as it takes more time to find out how each trip will be affected as the situation evolves.
Travel Protection: We highly recommend that everyone purchase travel protection for all multi-day trips. Attached is a statement that you can read here from TripMate. For those of you who have purchased the travel protection for a multi-day tour, and have questions about coverage or would like to file a claim, please contact them at 1-833-297-2255.
Travel Protection plan code for domestic trips (within the US): TPD32
Travel Protection plan code for international trips: TPG32
No need to panic. Be assured that we are being very diligent and will certainly let you know if there is any need for change. We consider all of our travelers to be a part of the Custom Holidays family, and your health and safety is our number one priority. Please remember that we are a small, family run company, and we are doing everything we can to work with you. This is a very unique situation that is challenging to all of us. We just ask that you remain calm and patient as we are actively responding to changing conditions. Thank you!
- Apply your money to a future trip already booked with us
- Receive a credit that can be used towards any future Custom Holidays tour (credits do not expire!)
- Receive a refund
In regard to future tours:
- Custom Holidays will notify travelers of any updates, changes, or cancellations regarding their trip. Please be patient!
- We will abide by the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We will consult with local health agencies for updates, information, and recommendations for travel.
- As much as possible we will provide hand sanitizers and any other safeguards recommended by the CDC.
- We are working closely with our motor coach companies to ensure proper sanitization of the vehicles. You can view a statement from Indian Trails & GTS about their specific protocols put in place.
- Custom Holidays also asks passengers to monitor their own health, and to stay home and contact your health provider if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu.